About the Service
An athletic mouth guard has to be custom-fitted and it is made in our office based on Dr. Farr’s instructions. Mouth guards are a resilient device or appliance placed inside the mouth minimizing the risk of broken teeth and injuries to the soft tissues of the mouth.
Mouth guards should stay in place and be easy for users to talk and breathe while wearing. They usually cover the upper teeth, and smooths the blow to the face, preventing the injuries of teeth ant the tissue.
Properties of a mouth guard:
– Fabricated on a stone model taken from an impression of the patient
– It protects both the teeth in the arch and the surrounding tissues.
– Thickness should be adequate in all areas to provide for the reduction of impact forces.
– A fit that is retentive and not dislodged on impact.
– Specific needs of the athlete should be taken into considerations.
– Made from a material that meets FDA approval.
To make an appointment in our office in Mesa, AZ contact us at 480-834-8035!