About the Service
During the comprehensive oral exam, Dr. Farr discusses your chief complaints and any areas of concern. Comprehensive oral exam entails a complete analysis of the mouth as it relates to the entire body, beginning with a review of your medical history, conditions and current medications, and a review and discussion of your smile.
Comprehensive exams include:
- Periodontal exam (gum and bones supporting the teeth)
- Dental Exam (teeth)
- Head and Neck Exam (soft tissues of the mouth, throat and surrounding structures)
- Occlusal Exam (Bite analysis)
- TMJ Exam (jaw joints)
- Radiographic Exam (x-rays and various scans)
- Salivary Function Exam (quantity and quality of saliva)
- Esthetic Exam (appearance of teeth and gums related to the face)
For any questions or if you wish to make an appointment contact our Gentle Family Dentistry office!